Benefits of Effective Leadership
Leaders who use effective leadership skills significantly improve the organization's productivity.
The level of improvement varies depending on the current situation of your organization and how effective the leader is in employing leadership skills. The range may be from 30% to 100% improvement.
That's the same as increasing your staff by a third to doubling it.
Here are some of the indications of improvement and ways to measure changes:
- Absenteeism drops significantly
- Discretionary/voluntary time on the job by employees significantly increases
- Employees voluntarily helping others significantly increases (referred to as Organizational Citizenship Behavior)
- Levels of “employee engagement” greatly increases (as measured by surveys via HR typically)
- Levels of undue stress greatly reduced
- Employees want to contribute significantly more via dialogue
- The Sunday evening tension, or knots in the stomach, goes away
Many or all of the above happens when employees are lead effectively.
So, just think of what you could do with more engaged and productive employees...